Volunteering is a hugely valuable and rewarding experience for the volunteers and the communities they support.
More than 21 million people volunteer in the UK at least once a year, and this contributes an estimated £24bn to the UK economy.
The 2016 UK Civil Society Almanac revealed that two in five adults have volunteered at least once in the past year, and an Ipsos Mori report found that 42% of young people took part in meaningful social action in 2015. So, what is motivating these lovely people to give their time and skills freely?
Benefits for the volunteer:
- People who engage in altruistic activities (e.g. volunteering), report a greater sense of purpose and meaning in their lives.
- The NHS lists a number of health benefits relating to volunteering, including improved quality of life, improved ability to cope with ill health and improved self-esteem.
- Action for Happiness list ten key ingredients for a happy and fulfilling life: giving, relating, exercising, awareness, trying out, direction, resilience, emotions, acceptance and meaning. We feel confident that volunteering ticks these boxes!
- Volunteering is an opportunity to learn new skills, and can boost employment prospects.
- Volunteering can help to heal mental ill-health and addiction.
How can I help?
Throughout the year Football In The Community have a number of Volunteering opportunities, which range from regular participation to one off events. Below you will find our current opportunities, although Volunteering is not limited to the list below. If you would like to be considered for any opportunites please complete the attached form and return to FITC.ADMIN@ECFC.CO.UK
Volunteer Minibus driver - Exeter City Ladies Football Team
Exeter City Ladies Football team have fixtures across the SouthWest primarily running from August to March.To enable the team to reach their fixtures they require the help of soemone who is able to drive a minibus.This could be on a regular or adhoc basis worked between a group of volunteers.
Fixture dates have been released and an be found on the link below, although these are subject to change depending on weather etc.
Volunteer Race Marshals
Football In The Community run a series of events throughout the year ranging in distance from 5k Fun runs through to full Marathon distance.
To enable us to keep the entrance costs to a minimum we would apprecuite the help of fellow runners and friends to either marshall or help with race day administration at registration etc.
As a thank you we would like to offer you free entry to a future running event.